May 18, 2009

Introduction

My research project is on Micro, Macro expressions and emotions. I discovered this topic by the fox show Lie to Me. I found it very interesting that we show our emotion controlled and uncontrolled. My big question was "Do you really want to be able to read every ones face, because once you have the gift it doesn't go away." My interview was with Mark Frank was one of my favorite thing about the research project, he help with the production of the show Lie to Me. My other favorite part was writing a script for the show. Since I am a avid watcher of the show, it was a lot of fun thinking up different things that could happen and making them a script. His interview was last minuet and turned out to be very interesting. In my research, I found many useful techniques of how to tell if someone is lying by reading their face. I have gotten to where I notice when people are lying without really thinking about it, I find this fascinating. In my research I found that the part of the brain that generates emotions also sends signals to tell your face what to do. In the end, I determined that it is a good thing to be able to read peoples faces at work or school but when it comes to knowing if a spouse or loved one is lying it is a hard thing to handle. If one could turn off their ability then it would be much more functional.

TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Live Interaction- Testing Myself
2.Emotion and Expression
3.Paul Ekman
4.Micro-Expressions
5.Facial Expression
6.Emotions Revealed
7.Cultural Emotions
8.How to Spot a Liar
9.Reading A Face
10. Lie to Me- Script
11. Interview
12. Universal Expressions

No comments:

Post a Comment